- Ms. Castillo attended the University of California Riverside for her undergraduate studies, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry with a minor in Political Science.
- Maria went on to earn a Master’s of Public Health degree with emphasis in nutrition from Loma Linda University in Loma Linda and a Master’s of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona.
- She is a Board Certified physician assistant and is an active member of the California Association of Physician Assistants.
- Ms. Castillo has years of experience in several aspects of family medical care, including OBGYN, chronic conditions, surgery, urgent care and emergency care.
- She is an active mother of two girls who enjoys travel and crossfit training. Also an engaged member of her church and community.